wild goose chase anyone?
I'm pretty good at getting off-track. Call me easily influenced, whatever... I seem to have a tendancy to carefully weigh everything I hear - truth and lies. Half-truths are the worst though. They really screw me over.
I tend to be an optimist, most days anyway, so I guess it's easy for me to overlook the flaws of something and see the real good stuff thats hiding underneath. Not so good when you're talking about things that are only half true.
When I was younger I believe that I had the gift of discernment. I was really good at seeing underneath the surface, seeing motivations, hidden things that most people didn't see. It was rather ridiculous at times. These days however, I seem to really be lacking in the discernment area. I am so easily lead away from the truth and convinced and confused. In my search for truth, I am constantly in a battle to hold on to the truth that I hold so dear. Isn't that rather ironic?
I suppose it would be good, in a search for truth, to stay grounded in truth. Yes. I should do that. I need to remind myself of what I really do believe.
I believe that Jesus was real. I believe that he really did live a perfect life, that he did die, that he did rise again and that that process did in fact pay for sin. I do, in spite of myself at times, believe that this is something to be reconned with, and that we will be held accountable for our response to Jesus. I believe that the Bible is good. True. Even though I don't like some things it says. I believe that God is in control, that He is good. That He is kind, loving and perfect, all-knowing and all-powerful. I also believe that my attempts to understand Him and his work will ultimately fall very, very short. There is much to be said for rational thinking, but faith is something that cannot be explained rationally. And that's okay. There comes a point where one has to simply trust.
I have asked God to grant me the grace to believe even when things don't make sense. Grace to believe, trust and act in faith.
I've been doing a lot of talking and thinking lately. Perhaps I should be finding ways to act on what I have been saying. Because saying things is one thing, doing them is another.
And I need to remember that sin is a real problem. That needs to be dealt with and not brushed aside. Thanks Lisa.
-Micha-
I tend to be an optimist, most days anyway, so I guess it's easy for me to overlook the flaws of something and see the real good stuff thats hiding underneath. Not so good when you're talking about things that are only half true.
When I was younger I believe that I had the gift of discernment. I was really good at seeing underneath the surface, seeing motivations, hidden things that most people didn't see. It was rather ridiculous at times. These days however, I seem to really be lacking in the discernment area. I am so easily lead away from the truth and convinced and confused. In my search for truth, I am constantly in a battle to hold on to the truth that I hold so dear. Isn't that rather ironic?
I suppose it would be good, in a search for truth, to stay grounded in truth. Yes. I should do that. I need to remind myself of what I really do believe.
I believe that Jesus was real. I believe that he really did live a perfect life, that he did die, that he did rise again and that that process did in fact pay for sin. I do, in spite of myself at times, believe that this is something to be reconned with, and that we will be held accountable for our response to Jesus. I believe that the Bible is good. True. Even though I don't like some things it says. I believe that God is in control, that He is good. That He is kind, loving and perfect, all-knowing and all-powerful. I also believe that my attempts to understand Him and his work will ultimately fall very, very short. There is much to be said for rational thinking, but faith is something that cannot be explained rationally. And that's okay. There comes a point where one has to simply trust.
I have asked God to grant me the grace to believe even when things don't make sense. Grace to believe, trust and act in faith.
I've been doing a lot of talking and thinking lately. Perhaps I should be finding ways to act on what I have been saying. Because saying things is one thing, doing them is another.
And I need to remember that sin is a real problem. That needs to be dealt with and not brushed aside. Thanks Lisa.
-Micha-
10:41 a.m.
i love you michelle. We all get off track in different ways. Sometimes that is what makes us hunger for more and brings us back to the feet of Jesus. He needs to break us. i love you and YOU ARE ALMOST DONE SCHOOL!!!!!! :) top