Novel mania
It has to do with buying copious amounts of books.
Presently, I have a ridiculous amount of waiting-to-be-read books in my possession. Here is a very exciting and exhaustive list:
- The Brothers Karamazov, Dostoyevsky
- L'etranger, Camus
- The four loves, Lewis
- The abolition of man, Lewis
- Visage retrouve, Mouawad
- Le petit Nicolas, Sempe-Goscinny
- The problem of pain, Lewis
- The catcher in the rye, Salinger
- The little prince, Saint-Exupery
- Les fleurs du mal, Baudelaire
- Les cinq cent millions de la Begum, Verne
- Les decouvertes de l'afrique, Verne
- Trois contes, Flaubert
- Moderato Cantabile, Duras
- L'ingenu, Voltaire
- Candide, Voltaire
- Through painted deserts, Miller
I know. That is a crazy amount of books to have bought and not have read. I have to say, that I plan to read The Brothers Karamazov over Christmas break, as well as Catcher in the Rye and The little prince. Through Painted Deserts is waiting for me to finish another book by Miller. Moderato Cantabile and Trois Contes were purchased in lieu of a course that changed at the last minute. L'etranger, Visage retrouve and Le petit Nicolas have all been at least half read and were Quebec purchases.
So I mean, it's not like I ... never mind, there is really no excuse. At least I have sucessfully acquired a fairly good french library. Can't complain about that. I will read them all eventually. Like when I finish school and have no textbooks to read. Yeah, awesome.
Okay, if you actually read all this, I think you're amazing and I love you very much. Have a lovely day.
Micha
Labels: books
11:20 a.m.
My philosophy is it's better to have stacks of unread books than to want to read a book and have none at hand. Since I discovered Amazon I've been buying books 3 or 4 at a time, and then bying a new lot when I'm done 2 or 3 of them. Good books are lovely, and even if you never read them, they look impressive sitting on your bookcase. top